Thursday, October 3, 2013

Aldo's Pizza its not "ALL DOUGH"

I was exploring downtown, following the Trolley line twisting and turning finally I made it to Main Street. I was hot, hungry, and a little sweaty. I stumbled on Aldo's Pizza. Being me I had to go inside and have some pizza. I saw a metro restaurant with a hint of hipster flair. They have a HUGE window showing where they make the dough. I had to watch- there was huge ball of dough. They were kneading and working it! How fun is that!
Logan Guleff at Aldo's Pizza MasterChef Junior Memphis Season 2


I sat down and ordered a big PIE. I think it was a T- Rex, and some garlic knots. The knots came first and they were pretty good, kinda chewy and they had a garlic oil which was nice. I like the marinara sauce but really I needed a bit more.

Then the pizza came- it was good! Hand tossed a bit of a butter oil crust and some nice quality cheese. The sauce was a touch sweet. I liked the toppings they, too were high quality and delish us.

I know they have sandwiches and I have seen them walk past me but I have not tried one.  They also have other specialty

 pizza the most intriguing is the vodka sauce one, it is pink so my Dad will never buy it! The special special slice every day can be a great treat for lunch.

The place is a bit noisy but the pizza makes up for it! I really enjoy pizza there. I get to go every so often- it is a nice change from Ferraro's.

If you are walking around on Main and thinking your hungry- Aldo's is a great place to stop!

Love the Cabbage, Leaf
Logan
Aldo's Pizza Pies on Urbanspoon Aldo's Pizza Pies Aldo's Pizza PiesAldo's Pizza Pies